And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Saturday, December 24, 2022

A New Perspective On Life.

 I have been a regular supporter of the series; now in it's third season called The Chosen. I remember hearing about it when it first started, but did not know how to access it. And then upon further investigation, after the first four episodes I managed to find it and have been a fan ever since. 

I have watched all of the episodes so far, and most of the videos put out by the Chosen explaining it's beginnings, and the process, and the cast interviews, and the behind the scenes etc. And I have put my money where my mouth is, both in donations and buying Chosen gifts. 

I am also well aware of the countless videos from those who are against this series and it's director Dallas Jenkins. I don't even bother with what they have to say past knowing they don't like it. It is obvious that while they think they might be defending the faith, they do not consider the millions of people who this show has impacted for the Gospel, and the renewed interest it has made for those to restore or discover a relationship with God and to pursue finding this Jesus through Bible studies, and going to church, and fellowship with other believers! All that one has to do is to pay attention to some of the videos where Dallas would read letters that he received from people whose lives were changed!

The content of a scene in episode two in season three is one of many that have stirred the hearts of people around the world who can relate to the very things that are discussed between the character "little James" and Jesus. And to get an understanding of how that episode is able to impact viewers, then you must watch this interview between Dallas and Nick Vujicic seen here  The Chosen Interview .

I have watched an interview by Nick some years ago, and he is certainly an inspiration to be thankful for what you do have, instead of focusing on what you don't. But there was one thing that struck me in this Chosen interview more than anything else, and that is the part of the interview around the 18:15 mark, where he said: "I have a cousin who said to me, 'I will never believe in your god because he made you like this'". I was astounded that his cousin could say such a thing! Here Nick is the believer, and the one with no arms and no legs, and yet his cousin said that he is the one who can't believe in a god who would "do that to him"? Little does his cousin know of the value God places on everyone He creates! Even more so with those who are outcasts and valued little by others.

Nick said there is 1 in 10 people in this world with a disability, and yet I might argue that it is 10 in 10! It is God who created ALL and put ALL under the curse and consequences of sin so that He would have Mercy upon ALL! (c.f. Rom. 11:32.)

There is a saying that goes like this: " I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet." I can't imagine what our excuse for crying is after meeting a person like Nick who has no arms and no legs. And yet it is not like we don't ALL have episodes of our own pity parties! I have had plenty of my own, that I would be ashamed to admit, but we have these reminders from Nick, and this episode of the Chosen, that can give us A New Perspective On Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment