And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Put You In Remembrance

Since it is reasonable to understand that blog posts are limited by their very purpose of not being able to fit the standards of a more detailed essay. I will envoke a blog writer's priviledge, and make statements contrary to what many may teach otherwise, and while I have reasons for those statements, I will rely on the reader's own inner witness as to their validity. For it is that inner witness which I rely on from the Holy Spirit that bears witness with my Spirit. Truth is found when we hear what the Spirit is saying. With that being said, I will delay no longer in sharing with this post what I found to be a life changing truth in the Book of Job.

It starts in chapter 38 when God finally speaks to Job:

1Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. 4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Now, every commentary I have read about this passage and almost every message I have heard say the same basic thing that God was putting Job in his place. God was basically trying to humiliate Job by telling him how little he knows about the world and it's functions. That somehow for four chapters God was bragging about how much He knows and how little Job knows! Their contention is that God was teaching Job, and anyone else that dares to question God how stupid they are for doing so because of how little they know compared to how much God knows!

If you are convinced that view is correct, then you will probably not like what I have to say, but consider if you think that God is anything like that? Do you think it would take God four chapters to humiliate Job? I am convinced He would not. God is not interested in humiliating us! God SO LOVED the world! Is that the actions of a Lover? Or was God just having a bad day?

Okay, so what then? Well, I have said from the beginning that I believe that all of creation had their beginning in Him. The word create used in Genesis is the Hebrew word Bara which means to carve, to cut down. God literally carved out of Himself -- Man! Then He formed him from the dust of the ground, and breathed His life into him. The fact remains that we are spiritual beings, and had our beginnings in God.

With that being said, I also believe that our Spiritual beginnings are hidden from our understandings. As someone else has put it: "Our birthing is our forgetting." I have heard and read examples of little children being in the room with a baby and inquiring from the baby what heaven is like because they are forgetting. Be that as it may, I am convinced that we are "Training for Reigning." That we are on this Human Journey, not on some Spiritual journey.

I do not believe that God asks us questions because He does not know! God says in Genesis "Where are you Adam?" Not because God does not know, but because Adam doesn't know! Adam, now where are you?

When God says to Job "Where were you...?" He was not trying to humiliate Job, He was trying rather to..... are you ready?.... God was bringing Job into remembrance!

Look at verse 7 again. "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" It is my conviction that Job was among the sons of God shouting for Joy! It is my belief that we, along with Job were there witnessing creation being built. It is my conviction that God was just reminding Job of what he already knew, but forgot because of his human journey!

Think back to a time when you were in school, and the teacher asks you a question about what she taught yesterday. You might say that you don't know the answer, then the teacher might say: "Where were you when I taught this yesterday? Weren't you sitting right there in the 3rd row, 2nd desk from the front?" Then she might just repeat some of what she taught and put you in remembrance. Now her goal might be to embarass you some, but we know that God would never do such a thing.

Consider what Jesus said in John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

How is it that when the day came where you believed the Gospel, how did you know at that moment that what you heard was right? How is it, that even now when you hear the Word being preached, that you just know that it is right, even though you never heard it before, yet it seems like you have always know it? My conviction is that you have always known it, and the Holy Spirit is bringing truth to put you in remembrance.

I believe that there is more scripture that supports what I am saying here, and perhaps I will include those thoughts in future posts. I do want to take one more post to follow up with what became of God's interaction with Job, and how Job changed because of it. I think I can relate, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment