And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Old Is Passed Away

In my last post, I mentioned about Jesus having died for the sin of the world, and that there is no depth to man's evil, that Jesus Christ's redemption by the cross does not go deeper yet! There is not sin so sinful, that the blood of Jesus does not wash clean, and as white as snow.

One example that seems to have most people confused, or unsure is often cited as being what about Hitler? And perhaps even  now, Osama bin Laden has met his earthly demise, (or, so they say) then where does he end up? Well, the list goes on as to who some people think deserve an extended punishment even to eternity, and those who perhaps deserve to be cut a break. Like I said, it is sort of having God grading people based on a curve.

However, when I wrote what I am convinced to be true without a doubt, I was pretty sure I was not clear in my meaning. Since then I received an email from Roy, a long time friend, who added some comments to what I wrote, and I thought they so wonderfully clarified my meaning, that I wanted to write this post so I could share them with anyone who would read this blog. What follows is what he wrote.

The Adolph Hitler that had party to all that he did in this life will be so thoroughly changed by Christ he will no longer exist in his old nature and state, isn't that true? So,the old Hitler won't be in heaven if you look at it in a certain way. If any man be in Christ the old nature has passed away and all things have become new.....As with you and I, what we once were we are no more. We are being changed in degrees to new creatures that are and will be unrecognizable to even ourselves in the future! I have been changed by Him so much from what I was as a young man.....This is what many don't understand, don't you agree? That the old Hitler truly will never see "heaven" but a new creature raised up in him. Many don't see this process and don't see it yet...

This is truely the key to understanding such a great mystery of what happens to each one of us! Behold all things become new, because now, or later... in this life or the next.... The Old Is Passed Away!

2 comments:

  1. Keith, do you mind if I share this on facebook? I'd like a few of my friends to read your blog!
    By the way, I've been missing the conversations you and my mom used to have when I was supposed to be sleeping. I'm so glad Mom shared this with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helena! Thanks for your interest in what I have been writing. You are perfectly welcome to share this with anyone you want, I write these things to be read.

    I miss the conversations too.... I am glad she shared this blog with you too.

    Blessings.... Keith.

    ReplyDelete