And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Monday, April 4, 2011

Many Ways To The ONE Way

For those of you who have been following my writings, this will be the first in more than a month, and for that I am sorry for the delay. I do have some half written posts that are still in the "oven" of my thoughts that I hope to finish soon. In the mean time, there are a couple of freshly baked thoughts to write about now. For those of you who are newly visiting, then there has been no delay for you to be concerned with! You can sit and enjoy good eating right away! ha.

Cindi and I have just returned from our vacation where we spent most of the time at a ministry conference in Lake City TN. hosted by Justin Phillips pastor of Lake City Christian Fellowship. We went there last year, and were happy to be able to do it again this year.

While there was a lot going on during the several days of the conference, there were a couple of particular insights which stood out to me in a more significant way. That is what I want to focus on for the next couple posts.

The first has to do with a conversation I had with one of the ministers that stemmed from the interest I had to buy one of his books. During the course of our short conversation, we talked about the difference between some new age folk that believe there are many ways to God, and the fact that we agreed that there is really only ONE way to God through Jesus Christ.

After I sat down, my thoughts pondered on some of the things we discussed, and during that pondering it was as if the Lord showed me a picture in my mind's eye of the Tabernacle in the wilderness. This illustration serves the purpose to show an idea of what I saw in my thoughts.


I know from previous studies that when the Children of Israel were traveling with Moses in the wilderness, and they set up camp, the Tabernacle was set up, and the twelve Tribes were specifically arranged in position around the walls of the Tent. I also know very well, that the Tabernacle and every detail is significant as a symbols of the Gospel.

There is no need for me to discuss all of the details, but only to point out a few things to illustrate what I saw in my mind. The first thing to take note of is that there is only one entrance into the Tabernacle, and the first item of furniture you would see is a brazen altar, next you would see a laver for washing. Then there is an entrance into another tented room, which is the Holy Place, where there is a candlestick on one side, and a table of bread on another and in front of another room within the room, is an altar of incense. Inside that smaller room which is the Most Holy Place, is the Ark of the Covenant, where there was the presence of God. There was only one way, and only one person, (the High Priest) allowed to get into the presence of God; that is until Jesus. And Jesus fulfilled all of the symbolism of the Tabernacle within Himself!

Okay, so with that being said, here is my point in a nutshell. While anyone could come to the Tabernacle from anywhere in any direction.... there is still only one entrance, and only one way through into the Most Holy Place wherein dwelt the Presense of God!

The title of this post is what the Lord said to me. There are many ways to the ONE way! Jesus said, No man comes unto the Father but by me. God may draw many people from all different walks of life, from all different religions, from all over over the world.... But there remains only ONE WAY that anyone will ever get into His Presense, and that is through the sacrifice Jesus accomplished on the cross!

Every knee will bow, and every tongue (joyfully) proclaim that He is Lord, to the glory of God the Father!

Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Baptists, Catholics, or even atheists, or New Agers, take note... There are many ways to get to the only ONE Way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keith and Cindi! I have that same print but don't know where to buy another for my friend's birthday in August. Any suggestions? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... I have seen a poster of this print before, and liked it, which is why I searched online for this picture at the time I posted this message. I can only suggest that either a trip to a local Bible Book Store, or an internet search might yield you results. I wish you success in finding one for your friend.
    Keith.

    ReplyDelete