And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Can You Say Amen?

I mentioned in an earlier post that one meaning behind the word Amen is "That is my voice". The idea being that what you are saying amen to is so in tune with your own thoughts, that it is as if your words are coming out of the other person. I have had an Internet friend named Roy since the mid 90's who is one of those people that almost always speaks with "my voice"! When he speaks I hear my words come from his mouth. When he writes he puts my thoughts into words. The following is his response to my last post edited only with the greetings and the salutation. It so much expressed my heart that I got his permission to include it in this blog, but at the same time I think I could have plagerized it, and claim it as my own and not be found guilty anyway! Ha.

"I have heard some say that we are past limiting "the Christ" to just referring to Jesus. They say that all people have "Christ," an anointing from God potentially. We are commissioned to speak to that anointing in others and encourage it, call it forth, so to say. There are elements of truth to this way of thinking but for me such thinking also falls short on many levels. I am in agreement that His anointing has been realized by some as the Father has given them light and power to see. All others do potentially have this anointing as well and the potential will come to fruition at a time of the Father's choosing. But, why would I want to distance myself from expressing Jesus' name as I grow to understand that His anointing will be realized by all people? I have heard some say we have simply grown past the need to express His name. Those I have heard say such have a variety of reasons why we should be quieter concerning His name. Some seem to imply that it is needless to distress a Buddhist, Muslim, or some other that appears to be manifesting His Spirit though they don't acknowledge Him by name. Some of these that they are convinced are operating in the same Spirit will even vehemently resist His name....

First off, I can surely see His Spirit moving in some that don't acknowledge His name. The Lord did say that publicans and sinners would enter the kingdom before many of the Jews of His day and in that spirit of thinking I can see where some move in His Spirit, even in the nature and character of Jesus, that don't acknowledge His name. However, I am far from convinced that it is in the volume of peoples and numbers that some believe it is. And, if these are moving in His Spirit, why would I want to stop short of telling them, even gently and with great patience, about this Jesus that they are unknowingly following? Some say that they have been poisoned by what they have seen from a false Christian religion and church. That is probably true in many instances but wouldn't it then fall on us that know Him better, by His grace, to even more tell them of Him to give them proper witness of Who He is? In other words, I don't think that the best answer is to just fall silent concerning telling of Jesus just because these have possibly been shown an improper witness. To me, the more excellent approach would be to humbly desire to speak of Him properly towards these thus replacing the evil witness with the good....

Again, some would say we are just past speaking of Him by name. But, to have this view we must also move past the clear examples in the New Testament which I know some have. Many have found that the only way to support their new beliefs is to jettison many scriptures. Because the clear teaching of the New Testament is an ever increasing exaltation of that name.

Some would say that "Jesus" isn't even the name in the original manuscripts. They would go back through Latin,Greek, and Hebrew and point out this thing and that thing to come to the proper spelling and pronunciation. What a great deal of energy they would expend to argue in the wrong spirit of things! The point is the Spirit behind our reasoning, I think. In all of these exercises why would folks be moved so mightily to do so much to finally deflect attention. glory and honor to that name? I would think His Spirit would be moving us more and more in a direction that would exalt that name, lift it up, not divert attention from it.

Finally, some would say they have moved past Jesus because they are now in direct relationship with the Father and have no need of going through Him. They will even sight a few scriptures to give credence to this stance. It is hard for me to believe they are using these scriptures in the true Spirit they were intended to be used. Again, why would any scripture be written with the proper intention being to divert us away from Jesus in any way? I am of the belief that the true and proper interpretation and application of any New Testament scripture would be to draw us evermore toward Him for when we see Him we see the Father.

I could go on but I think you get the jest of what I believe. I also have many thoughts that tie in with these concerning the current rush of many that claim the UR belief toward complete inclusion at this time. I don't believe we are in the time of complete inclusion. i believe the Lord will save everyone, "each in His own order,"but, this isn't presently the time for many and a proper understanding of what the Lord is doing at this time is extremely important toward proper growth. I have many thoughts and scripture along those lines.....

Also, I have many thoughts that tie into all this concerning 'loving everyone" as this also is one of the great cries of the day.....Many of these say that "God is love so all I have to do is love everyone." First off, what is love? Love expressed in each individual circumstance and situation is different. It is not always just "being kind" or "being gentle." Actually, in some instances, being kind and being gentle may not be the best representation of love at that moment. And, if that is true, one may not be expressing the presence of God at that moment. Some peoples and some circumstances call for us to be a rock of offence, and, that would be the true expression of God and love at that moment....But this brings us back to the evils of this rush toward complete inclusion out of season. The only way to include everyone at this time is to come close to saying "anything goes" and, while the Father calls all to Himself just as they are you better believe He will work to change them as He works to change us. And, often He will call us to be the ones He speaks change through. But, some don't really want to deal with that....

I have much more to say on these things. The calling of the Sons will swing back into balance at some point. Every high place will be brought low and every low place exalted. Many have been so hurt by past experiences they can't get past all of that right now. Some hunger for the wrong things mistaking doing good from the tree of good and evil for His life."

I know that when I read this email it put into words my same thoughts and understandings. What about you?  Can You Say Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment