And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. 1 Corinthians 15:49

Thursday, December 13, 2012

His Purpose In All Things

"There are a few days when I have blog thoughts, usually while I am working, but then the thought will vanish, or I am too tired to post it, or not enough time. Or I am mostly lazy about it. So, unless something particular stands out, and I feel compelled to write, then a lot of time will pass between posts."
 
 So goes a quote from me to a previously mentioned friend, with whom I share such similar Spiritual views it is as if we are of One Voice.
 
The following is his response, which I have been permitted to post here. I am in so much agreement, that once again, it is as if he put words to my thoughts. Part of the reason for being so open in posting this here is that I am convinced that for some it may be a source of encouragement, since it is easy to loose sight of the fact that first; there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus! And second; God is in Sovereign control of ALL things in His universe. The universe doesn't contain Him, He contains the universe! Thus, we should rest in His ability to accomplish His purpose in us, using all things to work together for good! 
 
My friend's email begins:

      "I sure do understand this attitude about the things of God......Sometimes. at work when I can do little about it because I am at work I will get this tremendous urge to seek Him, to write something or other. Well, I can't do it at that time. But, later when I have time my focus is gone and I can't seem to muster any motivation to do those things. I would rather watch a ball game or a movie or go online and look up some frivolous unimportant stuff. I know I am wasting it but don't seem to have the motivation to right the thing.....

      Yet, I wonder if this isn't the way it is supposed to go for a season or two? I think of some scriptures in a very different light than what is commonly taught to support this coldness and lack of fire. What about the scripture that says that another generation was raised up that didn't know the ways of God.....This generation was the one after Moses/Joshua's time that hadn't seen God's mighty works and so didn't believe so demonstratively. Well, what if during our sojourn here it is necessary to live through times when He brings up a generation within us, that is, a season of time that we have those great works we have seen of the Lord somewhat covered over within our consciousness so that we live almost as if we never experienced them? They are a distant memory buried in the spirit realm. What would be the benefit of such a time? Perhaps to gain empathy for those around us that have never experienced such things? Perhaps we have some part of us that received such great works of God in younger days with too much immaturity....Perhaps these things puffed up the flesh in some ways so now they need be denied so that these dry barren times would have the purpose of working those things out in some ways?

      Now, the church system would tell one in such a state that they are backslid. Perhaps some are. But, perhaps some don't understand that this process must take place so in ignorance they have misidentified the process thus failing to see the true effect intended. This too would be in the hands of God. But, what if I am right and the Lord is in control of even what would appear to be a "backslid" state and it is a season we must go through to have a deeper working of His Spirit within us? What a difficult state to believe in! Only by the grace of God would vision and faith be given to gain benefit from such a state seeing His hand working in it.

       I think of those scriptures that speak of the falling of "Lucifer" (the bright morning star). Forget about the teaching that Lucifer is Satan ( a foolish teaching). We are those formed in the image of Christ by His grace as bright shining morning stars. What if these scriptures speak of a process that must take place in the sons of God? What if, even though we be princes in His kingdom, we must be brought low to the earth again? What if we must be cut down losing our supposed position of earlier years when we thought the way was up, up UP! Instead we must go through seasons where we are brought low, almost unbelieving so that we might truly believe in ways we never dreamed of. What if these ways that religion identifies as being meant for those estranged and outside the faith are actually our ways that we must go to know Him more completely and have the deeper  workings of flesh taken care of. Who would travel such ways by their own volition? Who would identify such ways as godly? The natural religious man avoids these things as a plague but we are led right into them! They are given power over us for a time!"
 
Aren't you glad I could share this writing? I think that there are too many times Christians will live under condemnation, or denial because of a distorted spiritual self assessment, not realizing that even those things we struggle with are still included in the total package being part of His Purpose In All Things
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment